Thursday, February 15, 2007

2 Steps Back

This is Tim's concept for a scene from '2 Steps Back'. Just to set this up, Seagal plays 'Mandrake Mack' who wants to quite his life as a debt collecting bully and turn his life around. His boss 'Gary Gritter' has other ideas...

Mandrake: Yeah what do you want Gritter
Gritter: One last job
Mandrake: No way Im out remember
Griter: Your out when I tell you you are
Mandrake: Go to hell Gritter
Gritter: Shut up Mandrake

Mandrake grabs Gritter across the table and raises his fist angled expertly, ready for the kill

Gritter: I wouldn't do that if you want to see Mary-Ann again Mandrake
Mandrake: What did you say?
Gritter: You heard me, I saved you the trip to pick her up from school today, shes safe for now but you better listen - Theres one last job, you know the one they call Stumpy Sue, she owes me $23 and it seems that people think I'm going soft. Pay her a visit and make her understand, be physical, do your ..
Mandrake: Godammit, you crazy mother, you want me to defile her over 23$
Gritter: Get out Mandrake I dont want to see you till its done.. PRECIOUS .. get in here and bring my special powder, my whisky and your younger sister
Mandrake: You've gone wrong Gritter
Gritter: You used to be a man Mandrake, now look at you, I have no respect for you
Mandrake: You keep dragging me back, Ill do this last thing for you but I want you to know Im doing it for Mary Ann not for you or for the 23$
Gritter: Yeah well you had better be quick because I might just pay Mary Ann another visit and give her something special
Mandrake: You sicko, you are always dragging me two steps back, I want to get out of this life, I want out so bad.. and also people dont respect the planet just like you dont respect me .. why cant more corporate firms be like 17to40.co.uk and give more back?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent scripting - I particularly like the suggestion that Gritter is some kind of demonic paedo.

Sick but gives the audience the right clue and lets face it the audience in Seagal films needs some help.

I would like to suggest that in the finish Seagal kills Gritter and uses the last line 'Gritter - This ones for the kids'